Struggling with Anatomy

 

The link above: image

How To Practice Anatomy in Art

By: Abigail Abueva

    Anatomy is by no means an easy feat to learn. Whether it is learning about it in school or practicing anatomy, it takes a while to understand the human body. Many young artists struggle with anatomy and understanding the physiology of the body and it can pose problems in their art.

    Anatomy is still something that I am still practicing to this day. To help better my understanding of how the body works and dynamic poses, I typically search for poses on Pinterest.

    Many new artists also tend to draw heads in one direction. When I first started drawing, this was something I struggled with. If drawing digitally, it may be helpful to know there are many tools online to help with lighting and head direction.


    On Artstation, there is a tool you can download to help you practice your lighting. You can also adjust the head to different perspectives. The male head light reference tool is free and very useful, you can reference it when you draw on paper as well. It was created by William Nguyen.

    Some programs may offer you 3D human body models to help you practice your anatomy as well. You can import models onto your digital art software and maneuver their bodies so you can create certain dynamic poses. I use Clip Studio Paint and I download 3D Models from the store (for free!) and I practice my anatomy that way as well.

    

    On Pinterest, you can find many reference poses and how to start off practice poses. You can find many things varying from just faceless heads or real people to help you practice angles, poses, etc. Pinterest is also a place where you can upload your art, but I'll go into that another time.
    
    Anatomy takes a while to learn. Keep practicing it every day and you will get a better understanding!

(310 words)
    
    

    

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Artwork Throughout The Years

Free Softwares

Three Paid-For Softwares Reviews