My Artwork Throughout The Years

 


My Growth Over The Years

By: Abigail Abueva

    I've been drawing since I was a child. From little cards for my mother and father, or drawings for Mother's and Father's Day, I enjoyed drawing and sharing my artwork with them. My father supported me since I was young and continues to do so to this day, and because of him, I was blessed enough to have a paper to draw and practice on. 
    
    Many people grow in different ways and at different paces. But we always continue to grow as artists and there are ways to do so. There are many tips on how to grow, so with the media we have now, we can see the different ways people improve at art.

    One of the things I like to look back on at my art is seeing how differently I draw now. learning how to find my art style was difficult and I still do so to this day. I'll be showing my digital art throughout the years so you can see how much I've improved or changed since then.

    On October 3, 2021, I did a fanart of this character from the Netflix Show "Squid Games." I was learning how to render and improve my blending of the skin for digital art. 

On October 15, 2023, I did cover art for a small SoundCloud rapper. He wanted a 'Street Fighter' cover and I worked alongside him to make sure I accomplished his vision.

On December 29, 2022, I referenced "The Fallen Angel" a painting by Alexandre Cabanel (made in 1847). I was learning more about anatomy and how to capture the essence of the original painting. The character that I was going to make was Guts from the anime/manga 'Berserk.' It is still in the works and hasn't been finished as I lost the original file, unfortunately.

On December 30th, 2022 I finished rendering an anime character's face. The character I drew is from an anime called 'Sonny Boy' and his name is Asakaze. While I didn't finish rendering the hair, I was proud of how I drew the face and just left it at that.



On October 31st, I did a sketch of a random man referenced by the artist "Ohriyoo" on Instagram. I want my style to be similar to theirs, so I imitated their works to learn how they render skin and hair.

As seen from my previous digital art throughout the years, I'm still learning how the style I want to go for. I started from just drawing simple anime characters to a semi-realistic style and I've done so by practice and hard work. 
   
From the many days I've drawn digitally, I can say that I've gotten more familiar with the program I use as well. Learning how to use your program helps a lot on your end as you can manipulate tools to your liking.

(475 words)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free Softwares

Three Paid-For Softwares Reviews